luni, 28 aprilie 2014

Day 4 - Scenic Maryland

This one is going to be more telegrapic because I have some catching up to do :)

Morning starts with small breakfast consisting of half giant sub from last night.
In yesterday's evening rain I noticed that my phone was not charging anymore from the USB plug attached to the dynamo hub on the front wheel. After cleaning the wires that go in the dynamo hub I see it is working so it appears it doesn't like to get wet. I quickly improvise something with a piece of plastic and some zip locks.

Entering Maryland a sign warns me that a scenic route follows. And it does not lie. Maryland has some beautiful state parks and my route passes right through them.
They are full of wildlife and I count the animals I've seen so far: two foxes, two rabbits, one badger (I think), a pheasant, storks, many deer, and an eagle with a reddish beak.

After a small lunch break when I get to write half of yesterday's blog post, I start seeing many road cyclists out to train and I chat with some of them.

It is sunny all day but still quite windy, forecast says 30kph with 40kph gusts. 4th day of wind in a row.

I am near Washington DC in the evening and I decide to find a place to camp. This time it's a forest next to an old tobacco plantation turned into park. I avoid camping in the park although it is deserted and very inviting, because a guy tells me the police peruse it sometimes.

Immediately after I set the tent, I invoke a short rain to test it and it seems to hold well :)
In the night I am woken up by deer that run away when I open the tent to check them out.
I fall asleep enthusiastic about spending the next day in Washington DC.

Un comentariu: