marți, 22 octombrie 2013

So what exactly is it your big idea?

To travel ultra-light (I have to emphasise this ultra-light aspect) on my racing bike (bicycle that is - for the motor fans out there - but I want to make it sound cooler) across the North America from New York to San Francisco, covering around 6000 km (the exact amount I haven't finished counting as the route is not finalized) in around 40 days give or take.

And when is this supposed to happen?
Sometime around the end of April - beginning of June 2014.

The accent here is not on the endurance aspect (though it won't be easy!) but on the ADVENTURE and LIGHT & AUTONOMOUS TRAVEL! I won't break any record, but I plan on breaking my limits.


But WHY???

This should be the subject of a different post but here it goes:

because I can, because I like to ride, because I like to travel, because I love a challenge, because it gives me purpose, because I love nature, because I'm fascinated by America, because I love being "on my own", because I like to "scheme" plans, because I like being uncomfortable sometimes, because I have a wonderful and supportive wife and family, because I am a thrill seeker, because I enjoy solitude, because I like routines, because I like to live simple and uncluttered, because I always like a good effort, because it makes me think, because it makes me better, because it's healthy (some may have some doubts here, that's ok), because I have a visa (is this really a reason or are you out of things to say?) ...


Because I have the gut feeling it is what I need to do.

Ok... and why blog about it?

To share and give back to the world my thoughts and experience, just like I received it from others countless people who shared and influenced me into who I am.

It will be about motivation, equipment, route, planning, training and more.

I loved reading about other people tours and experiences so hopefully there will be at least one person that will love reading mine. If not, I will use it as an english learning suport for my grandkids (they will learn english and get stories at the same time).


And why you no speak your mother tongue? You not patriot?

Because although it would make it easier, not everyone I care about and want to share with speaks Romanian. And to help my grandkids learn rudimentary english.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu